Killing Eve (Series)

 Killing Eve


Dear Phoebe Waller-Bridge,

          You have a beautiful mind. I wonder what is it like in there. How do you come up with such ideas? A female assassin and a female spy played by Jodi Comer and Sandra Oh respectively. Both are equally obsessed and fixated with each other. Two brilliant minds in a cat and mouse chase. Phoebe, every time I think I have figured you out, you successfully confuzzle me. Your writing is bizarre. It is unpredictable. Killing Eve is always a step ahead of the viewers.


          Eve (played by Sandra Oh) is an MI5 British Intelligence agent stuck with a boring desk job. Her brilliance and caliber aren't used to the full extent in this particular cell. Her sharp observation and assassination obsession lands her a job in an MI6 spy cell. Her first task is to find out the assassin behind the murder of high-profile political figures. Phoebe, how did you decide that the assassin has to be a woman? What were the particulars that you felt were important to indicate that the assassin is a female?


          I love both Eve and Villanelle. However, something about Villanelle makes me more interested in her. Maybe it's her ominous persona or the mysterious way in which her brain works. Maybe it's both. Villanelle is a psychopath murderer. Her luxurious way of life and her strong combat skills keep me hooked. The combined duo of Villanelle and Eve makes me question my morals and principles in ways I didn't know were possible. What is the genre of this show? It seems to have dark humor, drama, thrill, comedy, kickass -witty women and so much more. Google puts it under drama. But I don't think that does justice to this show. Which category would you put it in Phoebe? 


          Phoebe Waller-Bridge, I fell in love with you from the first episode of Fleabag. From that point to season 3 of Killing Eve, you never fail to impress me. Your writing leaves me baffled and wanting more. The journey from 'It will pass' to 'Sorry baby' has been awesome. I hope I get to meet you someday.

An enthusiastic view,
biggest admirer,
eagerly waiting for season 4,
Shreya Choudhary.

P.S. I am in love with you and I don't think it will pass. 

Rating: 5/5

God! It makes me rage at how efficient things are when you're a dick to people.


Look at previous posts for Fleabag review.
   

 



     

      
          





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari (Book)

Deciphering With Astha Dhal (Podcast)

The Trials of Apollo- The Hidden Oracle (Book)

Brooklyn Nine Nine! (Series)

The Picture of Dorian Gray (Book)