The Trials of Apollo- The Hidden Oracle (Book)

The Trials of Apollo-The Hidden Oracle 

The Hidden Oracle (The Trials of Apollo Book 1) eBook: Riordan ...



          Another amazing book by Rick Riordan is out! Another mystery, another adventure but also another character. This time the lord of plague, medicine, archery, music, and poem has come to the mortal world himself. Apollo has been punished by Zeus and now has to undergo a bunch of trials to prove himself to become an Olympian again. This book is a little different from what the Percy Jackson fans have always been reading but no less adventurous. Rick's humor is the same as always! You never know how the next sentence is going to tickle your funny bone.


          I started Percy Jackson when I was in 6th grade. I became an instant fan. It's actually really hard to meet a person who has read a Percy Jackson and not liked it. I personally have never met such a person. Rick's work is amazing and mostly a hit (yes, he is capable of writing shit too). The Kane Chronicles were great too... not the same kind of humor... but definitely a fun read. However, I have no idea what he was thinking writing the Magnus Chase. I mean that book sucks! He failed to get me hooked and I just couldn't continue it. I guess not all stories are success stories.

Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan – review ...  9780141325507: The Red Pyramid (The Kane Chronicles, Book 1 ... Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard Hardcover Boxed Set | Read Riordan
          
          Anyways, getting back to The Trials of Apollo, it is worth a read for any Percy fans. Of course, Percy was love but really this book is not that bad (it could have been worse). There is a guest appearance of him in the beginning and the end. He also saves the day but we are now stuck in Apollo's mind. Apollo is high headed and a little annoying... okay who am I kidding... very annoying. The guy clearly needs to get his priorities sorted. A lot of character development is seen in him (which was very much needed and even more appreciated). But that didn't mean he stopped being a dick! He excels in that. You have seen a glimpse of his personality in previous books, so, this shouldn't be a surprise. Also, look at the author's name bro. 

          One of the things that I personally feel really excited about is having Leo back! That guy is just plain funny and attractive with irresistible charm. Honestly, who needs any more of a reason to read this book!

Rating 4/5 (simply because Apollo is not Percy)

It's prejudice..... I know.... but this is also my blog.

Comments

  1. 😯😯😯I thought I'm reading a blog by a professional and experienced blogger.
    I don't have any idea about this author's books, so I can't say much, but the way you've written it is really really good. I personally liked it very much.
    The little humour you've tried to add here and there just garnished the write up!
    Keep blogging :)
    Would love to read more.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Deciphering With Astha Dhal (Podcast)

Brooklyn Nine Nine! (Series)

Scam 1992: The Harshad Mehta Story (Series)

The Picture of Dorian Gray (Book)